So, how'd you get along this week? Was it okay for you? Gee, I hope so.
Got any fun plans for the weekend? The "Super Bowl"?! Look, kids, can your uncle be straight with you? (Leave it!) I'd have a hard enough time if the nation were coming together for the "Souper Bowl" to celebrate the joys of soups and stews. But, you throw sports into the equation and all I think about is Mr. Koethe in junior high physical education classes yelling at me to get out on the field and play some football only to quickly dismiss me from the field to run laps for an hour. Me + sports = Why is everyone yelling? Are we out of champagne? SO not a good fit!
Here's what else has been on my mind (and in order of appearance - buckle up!):
- I wish I lived in San Francisco.
- Sometimes I think, "Dammit! I'm gonna glitter the hell outta one o' my pairs o' shoes one of these days! I like glitter, dammit!
- Then I think, "Do you really think you're gonna pull off that look?"
- WWTGD - What Would Tim Gunn Do
- Phở. (And, yes, it's pronounced "fuh" not "fo".)
- Bánh mì.
- I'm getting app'd and platform'd out. I mean really. Is all of this really saving us time or getting us better connected? Probably not.
- I need to get a smart phone. Oy! Conundrum!
- Facebook is about to produce new millionaires. I passed up a job at a little start-up offering stock options called "Amazon".
- I passed up that job to continue working as a receptionist at a law firm where I got to work alone on the holidays, trap squirrels, and talk to convicts. So, y'know, not a bad trade off. Ugh!
- "Downton Abbey"! Shut-the-front-door! It's. Bananas!
- Rachel Zoe was in my dream last night. She was super sweet and trying to get me to Blogshop this weekend but kept getting distracted shopping. And, she kept calling me "Brad". I don't think so, "Rach"!
- I had bad dating experiences with boys who loved science fiction.
- I love my dog.
- Elie Saab. Pure genius!
- I think about moving to some small town and hunkering down. But, I live in a small town on an island and want to leave. I need some clarification with my subconscious yearnings.
- I went to the grocery store last night and came home with brownies, crab, sauvignon blanc, and rubber latex gloves. My life in a word, "glamorous".
- Coffee. That's nothing new. I always think about coffee.
- Cake. I like cake. It comforts, it soothes. It's like the mentholatum rub of the pastry world.
- Ointment. UGH! I hate the word "ointment"! My others? "Panties" and "moist". [Shudder!]
- I just don't know how this whole Madonna half-time show is gonna go down at the Super Bowl. Such an odd combination.
- I wish they'd make a third installment in the "Sex & the City" movie series. But, only because they need to apologize to us for the second one somehow. Right?!
- The next time someone tells you they're a "lover of the arts"? Clarify!
Have a great weekend, Kids!