March 07, 2012

Are Rue talking to me?


COVER OF THE LATEST ISSUE OF RUE ALONG WITH THE CUTEST EDITORIAL TEAM PHOTO OF ALL TIME!


Yes! Yes they are! Kids, in case you missed it, your uncle was featured in the latest issue of Rue Magazine! In the Blogger: Side by Side column! They teamed me up with Christian of Maison 21 and after our little brief banter you're likely to find out that we share an odd cartoon character connection and would likely stir up trouble if you put us together in person. Good trouble, of course!

This is one of their best issues yet! And, I only say that because I'm in it. Kidding! Although, I am a bit biased given that I know/"know" others featured in this issue as well. Let's have a Rue Magazine roll call, shall we?
(Pardon this interruption, but Fergus is destroying magazines behind me and this requires my immediate attention. He should know better in this house than to disrespect a magazine! ... Okay, now where were we? Oh, yes...)


Here are the illustrations from the feature of Christian and yours truly. I know, you were expecting something more provocative from me, huh? You'll have to wait for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition for that one. Rowr.


Seattle pal Kelie Grosso has her design studio featured and I'm pleased as passion fruit punch as she's one of the sweetest people I know. And, talented? She is 1st on my roster to call when I win the lottery and have to have a designer! Next, is the lovely Lisa Thiele of With Style & Grace who I had the pleasure to meet at Alt Summit! With her blog on all things nutritious, gluten-free, and tasty, she's serving up some smoothies. (Food Network? You need to talk to this girl about having her own show! Gorgeous and gluten free?! I mean, seriously! We can talk about my Baking with Beefy show later.)


Then there's this amazing abode. I mean it. Uh. MAZING! Raina Kattelson of A Stylist's Life did a complete remodel on this place with her husband that has to be seen to be believed. They're renting it out to some other people at the moment. I've never been so envious of people I don't know in my entire life. This place is bomb diggity gorgeous!

And, there's still plenty more! Get to reading, kids!



13 comments:

  1. Wow, that all looks great. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your interview and - of course - I loved it:-) Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flippin' thru my google reader and look at that - loved being in the same issue as you, such a bonus! Thank you SO much for the kind shout out [yeah FoodNetwork, I'm over here!] - you are the greatest and I miss your loving self!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yup, it was a great issue. loads of creative stuff and stuffed with loads of creative people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting! Congrats! I'm off to peruse the issue now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so tickled to see you in the issue!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. honored to be featured with you, my brother! and yes, we o=would be trouble in a good way if we were in teh same room. hopefully that will happen sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The internet just got prettier! Love the article and love you both so much. HOORAY!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This seems exciting! Anyway, that photo of Kelly with the pillows is cute and fabulous at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, this is a great issue. You and M21 together in the same issue? Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bradford, thank you for the shout out! I loved reading your feature with Maison 21, so great. Can't wait to see you soon!

    xx, K

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE! seeing your handsome face in Rue- great piece!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesn't serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.