January 14, 2008

As good as it gets.

Last week I finally got to spend some time with friends, Kristine & Bob. It was long overdue (as it is with many friends) and nice to feel a bit less isolated on this little island of mine. Kristine and I tootled around Ikea for some studio accoutrement and then went back to their house to relax before catching the ferry back home. They showed me the phenomenal results of finishing their basement where they created an amazing in-house workspace. I envy Bob's carpentry skills.

Anywho...then we retired to the living room, chatted over some wine, cheese, and fruit and I received presents! Kristine had gotten me It's Not How Good You Are, It's How Good You Want To Be. by Paul Arden. Um, yeah...get it. Now. Written technically regarding the advertising industry, its information and wisdom has multiple translations into both business and life. But its not like its going to find a permanent place on my bookcase anytime soon...you know, since I will be carrying it around with me everywhere. (Thanks, Kristine!)


1 comment:

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesn't serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.