October 24, 2007

What a Queen!

Well, I finally saw Elizabeth: The Golden Age last night. In short, uh...loved it! But there were its definite shortcomings as compared to the first Elizabeth which initial reviews had indicated. At times it does take on the production value of a painting-cum-music video, with ultra-lush visuals, heavily filtered lighting, and dramatic camera angles. And the costuming is phenomenal to a point of distraction...seriously. There were moments I found myself anticipating the next costume change rather than following the story. (Though a definite Oscar nod to the costume designer.) But I always came right back. Cate Blanchett assuredly rose to the occasion and did not disappoint. She is a truly astounding actress. No matter its melodramatic moments the sun still shines in "The Golden Age".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesn't serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.