February 01, 2012

Guest Blogger: Igor from "Happy Interior Blog"




First of all I’d like to introduce myself briefly: My name is Igor and I write Happy Interior Blog. I am based in Munich, Germany, and I’ve been an avid follower of the one and only ‘The Bedlam of Beefy’ ever since I embarked on the blogging vessel with destination style, design and interiors. Thus, I was beyond happy when Bradford asked me to guest blog on ‘The Bedlam of Beefy’.

Today I want to take you on a little inspiring trip as seen from a man’s perspective. I think we all agree that we’re way beyond outdated gender stereotypes and what a man should like and what women muse about. So this post is actually more an Igor perspective than a general men perspective but, then again, I don’t want to be so pretentious.

Now to break it down: What am I coveting these days? I love laid-back, clean interiors with pops of color. De-clutter being the buzzword here. And ‘de-style’ – after all we want to feel comfy and at home and not as though we’re living in a showroom, right? So these bedroom inspirations visualize perfectly what I mean. I adore natural materials and a ‘back to nature’ approach in styling, too – and I’d accessorize my style with a sleek leather weekender and an eye-catching wooden watch. And all this translates into daily habits and rituals, too. So even with food, I love the vibe of fresh, organic produce combined with a whimsical design approach when it comes to packaging. Be it a classic inspired glass bottle, as seen here with the Noble Syrup, or a simple paper bag with a fresh baguette – these examples satisfy my hunger for food and design simultaneously. These are just a few examples of how to add a bit more of happiness to our daily lives. Right?

Have a happy day, friends!


PHOTO CREDITS: TOP IMAGE: MAN W/ HAT, BEDSIDE, BLUE APPLE PILLOW, NOBLE SYRUP - BOTTOM IMAGE: BED, BREAD, WOODEN WATCH, LEATHER BAG

8 comments:

  1. Thank you, Bradford, for the great opportunity! Cheers from Germany, Igor xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Igor, I love your picks! So visually pleasing. I love the simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think you have to be a man to love Igor's picks. This girl loves them all.

    xoxo,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Courtney, these are right up my alley. I love that knit blanket, I might have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Igor, you're springing up everywhere these days. Now that makes me HAPPY. Very cool choices. Male bloggers rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Igor's picks are right on! I love that bed spread and I wonder if I can pass wearing that wooden watch? Think menswear, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooh...love this new series hunnie! And love Igor, he seems like such a doll ( and if he's a friend of yours AND Holly?- he's a keeper) Such fantastic style....love it!
    xo
    Melis

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had a watch like that, does it actually work? Probably not that easy to keep clean but wow, love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.