October 05, 2009

Gourmet Magazine RIP

Thanks to all the staff for many years of aesthetic and culinary inspiration!
(No word on whether the Gourmet website will continue...???)


  1. my eyes welled up with tears when i read this post. say it isn't so!

  2. Such sad news to start the week with. I LOVE Gourmet and wonder when Conde Nast will stop making bad desicisions!

  3. No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is awful news.

  4. Bummer! Cookie and two bridal magazines are going too.

    I hope that this spurs magazine people on to do more and more online stuff.


  5. Funny because I don't have a subscription but I saw that wine caramel apple recipe on the front cover and went from store to store to find the issue! Found it. After all that, I decided to subscribe. Figures.

    I heard epicurious.com and their book publishing will continue.

  6. This is awful news. One of my favorite magazines.


  7. I can't believe that! That's awful. Hopefully their website won't go kaput as well..

  8. All magazines are biting the dust..! Is it really that ridiculously expensive to produce a magazine..? It's just not the same to read stuff online. I love to do both, but one does not replace the other. At all. Sadness...

  9. awww thats too bad! i cant say ive ever read it, but i hate to see well established publications go down. it shows what a curse the internet is (no matter how much we think of it as a blessing)

  10. Yes, indeed sad news. I heard Conde Nast will keep it as an online property and if they're wise, they'll make it as robust a content portal as Vogue. Still sad, as there's something so wonderfully tactile about a cooking magazine. :(

  11. This is awful news! It just breaks my heart.

  12. This was sooo sad. ! My guy had a subscription and he loves to cook so this was his fave mag! Argh.

    Jen Ramos
    'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.