August 13, 2009

Adios, Au Revoir, Auf Wiedersehn


An' a one, an' a two...

Wow. That picture is a lot to take in before the coffee has really kicked in. You can feel the power of the baton though. Can't you, Kids? I did love me some Lawrence Welk when I was growing up. And, still, my parents say they didn't know. Maybe the moments I secretly spent with Mr. Benny Hill threw them off the scent? But I digress. So, Kids, with Mr. Welk in mind, I am bidding you all farewell. NO, NO, NO! Not permanently! But for a while. I will return to "the bedlam" in a couple of weeks.

All y'all know that I've had a lot swirling around my head. But that's just the half of it really. (Count your blessings for the power of editing!) I am surrounded by a multitude of half-started projects. (I could say "unfinished" which would be more accurate, true, but entirely less optimistic.) With the Fall-like weather having closed in on the Northwest it makes me realize that I gotta get my nuts together. Y'know, like a squirrel. A squirrel, people! Honestly! But Summer, sadly, is not gonna last forever.



There is a ton to do around the house and, as I look at these restful images, I really want to give my home and my mind some much needed breathing space. (If I should even manage to muster the courage to publish "before" and "after" pictures you'd wonder why I hadn't done this sooner.) How much I can manage to get done remains to be seen, but I can only continue to multi-task so much for so long. A little one-on-one time with a project isn't a bad thing. At some point, in the effort to try to be all things to all people (Y'feel me, Kids?), things get swept under the rug... in my case, quite literally.



So thanks in advance for the patience, time, and understanding. Besides, if I wait until later to take some time off the new season of Oprah could be underway and then we all know I wouldn't get anything done! Huh? Though if Madonna comes out with a new album during this current hiatus I may have to do this post again. Just sayin'. ;)

(You may see me 'round the blogosphere in some "comment" sections. Or doing a brief guest blog at The English Muse. But that's it. Uncle gotta get to business!)

See y'all soon, Kids! Play nice!


Images from Mari Eriksson Fotografi and found via Vintage Simple.

24 comments:

  1. Missing you already!!! YOU MUST PROMISE. MUST. PROMISE. That you will let me post your before and afters. Promise?? Say it... Good luck with your projects! Looking forward to your arrival in October xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, as always. Oh, and the interior shots are nice, too. *lol* I used to watch Laurence Welk shows and marvel at the pastel colors. And then I'd want to have naughty parties like Benny Hill. Who says PBS isn't educational?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Via con dios uncle and please don't stray too far from your keyboard for too long. I can't endure the loss of quality entertainment, so I'll resort to reviewing my discs of Arrested Development in the meantime - but that can't last forever you know! FYI: you're pouring salt in the wounds of all my past due completions as well - so cut it out!!! pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. will miss ya beefcake! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it easy Mon Oncle. See you on the other side...

    ML
    mlanesepic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. um, i almost had a heart attack. wheew! just a break. i thought you were saying a final farewell. have a wonderful break and know that we all love you! are you still going to twitter? am i going to still be able to get bits of beefy?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know exactly what you mean - but will miss you all the same. Hope you get things done in record time. Be back soon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally understand your motivation... but I have only one word for your absence....

    BOOOOOOOOOOO!

    I wish you luck on your half-started projects! I have several myself but am still (stupidly) trying to be the Grande Multitasker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just discovered your blog..and i'm already in looove!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, you know I love these soothing pictures... and I will miss your hilarious writing... but I understand. Completely. Take good care, dear. And good luck with the projects, both the unfinished and the yet-to-start ones...
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE LAWRENCE WELK. Thanks for the lovely birthday wishes, and don't go away for too long!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally hear you!! ;) I just realized an entire week went by and I didn't write a single post! It's hard to work and blog fulltime, I know. I hope some of your projects lead you south to CA. Keep me up to date on your plans! xxM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Jesus, I've just discovered your blog, and to be greeted with LAWRENCE WELK is just too good to be true! I, too, had doses of him growing up, and now I live in Ireland, where no one but my sister gets the joke when someone whips out the accordion and we say, "And now, here's Rosie, on the accordion......" Cracks us up everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will be missed Uncle! You need to get yourself down my way so we can meet {finally}!

    Best,
    d.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BEEFY! What's this you speak of? A hiatus on Beef?! What the...? How will I manage? I feel so vegan and shi--. Tell you what. Provided you come back refreshed, rejuvenated, and happy as a clam, I'll grant you this sabbatical. But know that I will be missing you like crazy. I'll be all "Where's the Beef?" and "Oh my, aren't you Beefy, sir?" and it'll just be very inappropriate and shameful and wrong. Know that, accept it, and do not judge.

    Miss you to pieces already, cupcake. Smooches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy your time off. We all need to unwind and take time for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Make it count, Uncle Beefy! Look forward to seeing you on the flip side, on that cool side of the pillow... Ciao. For now. -- Jg.

    ReplyDelete
  18. haha, you gave me quite a fright there! I was actually scanning my brain for something I did wrong, (I did, really, I had a tiny panic moment) lol.
    I must also thank you for stopping by my blog and for the wonderful comment. So glad you like my little random veg photo session!
    have a fantastic little break!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic photos! Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see and read more from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  20. just checking in....hoping my reader had failed to update me and that you had posted again. hope you are well and accomplishing many many things. i used to watch lawrence welk with my granparents. miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow oh wow can I relate to this post! Thank you for the inspiration and new perspective...half completed projects--love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Kids! Just wanted to say a big, BIG "THANK YOU!" for all your patience in my blogging absence. It was a much refreshing station identification. Thanks for ALL the great comments, laughs, inspirations, etc., etc.

    I got it good I do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.