November 12, 2008

Thank you, Kids. THANK YOU!


Image courtesy of Rosenow Floral.

Hi Kids. What can I say? What can I possibly say?! I have been overwhelmed by the responses to Monday's post. As you can see, there was an outpouring of kindness in the comments left by so many of you. I have received emails from people sharing their own experiences including one wonderful reader who lost a dear friend to the ignorance and cruelty of which I wrote. And so I would dedicate that post to the memory of a boy named Haven.

I did not expect to have felt the relief that I did when I hit "publish post". Even after years of having come out on the other side of those experiences it still carries an indeterminable weight...but not a formidable one, thankfully. Your collective generosity of spirit has swelled my heart in such a way that I am in no position to find any way to articulate the immense gratitude I am feeling for all of you. "Thank you" seems so small a phrase for so grand a feeling. But please know how very, very much I mean it.

THANK YOU!

13 comments:

  1. hugs hugs and more hugs for you!

    loads of love out here on the intertube for you uncle beefy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! That is what friends are for. Even ones you have not met. We love you and think you are wonderful! So brave and kind of you to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. UB...I don't know how to tell you how moved I was by your last piece, which I just read. Why don't people just realize when raising a child that as John Lennon said "love is all you need"? Ghandi said the same thing. And Buddha. And Jesus.

    I'm glad you were blessed with true friends when you were on that bridge. You have thousands more out here in the blogosphere today.

    ML
    mlanesepic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heart you, my friend:) So happy to hear some cheer in your post today. You deserve nothing but the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Uncle-I just caught up with you today and I must tell you that I too am so thankful for you and your perseverance! You bring so much joy to the world and my day is always made so much more round and wonderful after reading your words! Thank you!
    Lots of love to you-xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Beefy (or Uncle B or UB or whatever salutation you prefer). I just ended up here for the first time today. Thanks to you, too.

    My experiences weren't exactly the same as yours, but I certainly had some of the same feelings and share many of your sentiments now. Glad you decided to share. I'll be back ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sticking in there and helping to change the tide with this post. It takes so much to put yourself out there. It certainly isn't easy but you do it well. Thank you for sharing your self, your story, and your truth with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.