November 25, 2008

T-time.



How do, Kids! Well, you couldn't possibly have expected me to try and maneuver around the topic of food at this time of the year. Honestly, it's a wonder I don't post about it all the time. But Thanksgiving gets me going...big time! I think it's, generally speaking, a pretty comforting and low-key holiday. You can go grand or casual and still feel that little something extra on the day. Yeah, I like it...a lot!

To be clear, I do not receive any financial kickbacks whatsoever from Gourmet Magazine. I know I throw them up a fair amount of the time but it is for GOOD reason! I cannot ever imagine letting my subscription subside since my friend Devon got me hooked. (An excellent holiday gift idea for the foodie friend or family member!) It is my ultimate go to. So I am here to link you up with some of their amazing Thanksgiving recipes and menus in case you need a little help or inspiration for your Thanksgiving feast.


While I left my Vegetarian/Vegan days behind me some years ago there are some wonderful sounding Vegetarian Thanksgiving menus and recipes. Like this Roasted Pumpkin Stuffed with Vegetable Stew.


As a switch-it-up side dish or Vegetarian main course... Butternut Squash and Hazelnut Lasagne

(And don't forget to scroll down for links to a slough of different pie recipes and ideas!)

Whatever you end up serving at your Thanksgiving table this year I hope that it is a splendid day shared with family and friends, Kids. I know I have much to be thankful for this year...including you, my faithful and wonderful readers, for your loyalty, kindness, and patience. Your Uncle wishes you well this holiday!

"HAPPY THANKSGIVING!"

(I will be signing off, I'm pretty sure, until after the holiday, Kids. You all know I got a lot of irons in the fire and it's only gonna get hotter in the coming days. But don't worry, I'll be back soon!)

9 comments:

  1. Uncle! You are killing me with these photos! I want to start eating RIGHT NOW. Not easy to do as I find myself in an airport.

    I also love Gourmet. I met a very elegant fellow a few years ago who was in the publishing business and he maintained that, front to back, Gourmet was the best magazine going.

    Have a great Thanksgiving!
    ML
    mlanesepic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for Thanksgiving!!! It's really the best holiday of the year! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Uncle, my mouth is seriously watering!
    Have a super Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Thanksgiving sounds a lot tastier than mine. I wish I could join you!
    Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful day tomorrow. Your cupcakes look amazing. Not only do they look delicious, the colors compliment the store perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. M.Lane...they've got some great photography at Gourmet, huh? Mmm, traveling during the holidays...no wonder you need the distraction! Have a great Thanksgiving as well, Mister!

    porter...Hope your Thanksgiving is splendid, m'dear!

    krissy...I'm tellin' ya' I've only tried one recipe that I thought was okay. Gourmet makes 'em delicious and, often times, pretty easy to make. Have a wonderful Turkey Day back atcha! :)

    carolina...aw, why for no tastiness at your house? I wish you could join me too! But frankly, maybe it's best...I can't imagine trying to do all the necessary cleaning on such short notice! ;) Happy Thanksgiving, Carolina!

    jae...Have a wonderful Thanksgiving too! I know it will be with your creativity and style! Thanks for the props on the cupcakes! I hope it all goes well. And the owner actually chose the colors/flavors for that very reason!

    WISHING YOU AND YOUR'S WELL, KIDS! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. have a FABULOUS THANKSGIVING, uncle beefy!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I THINK you are convincing me to nix my Cooks Illustrated subscription and go with Gourmet. If for nothing other than the food photos (swoon!)...

    ReplyDelete
  9. you saw that bread pudding recipe in gourmet didn't you!! I'm so making it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.