October 10, 2008

Gathering 'round...



Kids...gather 'round. I wanna take a moment to introduce you to your Uncle's first sponsor! Gatherings! I am honored and flattered that Carol Rochon, owner, has such confidence in your Uncle and, of course, my readers. So I wanted to introduce her and welcome her to The Bedlam!

Carol opened Gatherings in February of 2006 in the town of Marysville located just outside of Seattle. Twenty years ago she worked for a clothing shop in their visual merchandising department, which really gave her the basics of design and how visual stories are built. She then began a career in jewelry design and, after fifteen years, decided to take the gamble and venture off on her own manufacturing wholesale accessories for the home. After a year or so she knew that being back in retail, one on one with customers, was where her heart was so she pursued the boutique idea.

She envisioned a combination of her love of European antiques with a more modern sensibility. The majority of Gatherings' antiques are 18th and 19th century French, Belgium and English. The contemporary merchandise she carries tends to be organic with lines such as Roost (Carol loves their shell accessories and loft-inspired furniture) and Shine (they manufacture beautiful lamps and vintage-inspired furniture). She also carries antique chandeliers, candelabras, and a few small antique accessories that she may find on her hunting expeditions.

All in all, it looks as though Carol is bringing a bit of that je ne sais quoi to Marysville. I'm really looking forward to paying Carol a visit in the hopefully not too distant future. These photos are plucking at those Francophile heartstrings of mine! And getting to Marysville is certainly closer than getting to Paris...at least por moi.

(And "thank you", Carol, for your enthusiasm and support of your Uncle Beefy both as a reader and now as a sponsor. It is muchly appreciated!)




8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This shop exists in Marysville? Growing up in that town, I'd never imagine something so classy would open up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first sponsor.

    And congrats to Gatherings for exhibiting such impeccable taste in choosing you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay - I love Carol! One of my first commenters every and what a sweetheart. Going to her store has been on my to do list forever. Can you say roadtrip?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEEF! Congratulations! That is so so so exciting. Leave it to you to have your first sponsor be so chic and gorge. That chandelier could not be more me...the one with those turquoise drops?! Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Beefy - it all looks absolutely gorgeous!! Congrats.

    Jannie, a transplanted Blue-Noser.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If only I loved close enough to shop there.

    p.s. I am starting a gift exchange and think you might want to participate. You can find the details at my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely shop!! I don't live too far, only a 15 minute drive or so and never knew something so lovely existed in M-ville! I will be visiting this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.