October 17, 2008

Beefy Homes & Gardens


Photo from Better Homes & Gardens

Love this subtly punchy combo of grey (yes, I like it spelled with an "e" as opposed to an "a"...I think it looks prettier) and orange. Of course it's a perfect palette for the Fall but works wonderfully all year. I also like the nod to the traditional with the wingbacks balanced with the contemporary elements of the room. But those four vessels on the mantle need a shake up. A bit to matchy-match por moi. And odd numbers please. And surely a little asymmetry couldn't hurt?

I also liked the room below from House Beautiful. Certainly a cooler palette but still looks cozy and inviting. There's something that's not sitting entirely right with me though? Maybe it needs a bit more push in the contemporary direction to offset that lovely traditional architecture? Hey, I like contrast. Hmmm? What do you think? Yes, no, cocktails?


2 comments:

  1. Uncle Beefy, I think both sofas need a makeover pronto. Looks kinda drabby, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In many offices it is seen that in order to build coherence between the theme of the office and its furniture, the very vital issues like comfort and easy usage are somewhat ignored, though at times unknowingly. The arredamento mobili ufficio should no doubt be attractive and suiting to the theme of the office, but at the same time it should also have the basic qualities that are expected of it http://www.momI.it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.