September 24, 2008

Lacroix, Sweetie.

About the only way I get through the wet Northwest Fall/Winter is to romanticize the hell out of the season. I hibernate in the deeper recesses of my imagination and envision something rich and warm with little glimpses of sunlight. And I turn to home interiors and bodily exteriors to stoke the fires. (Okay...that sounds dirtier than I meant. By "bodily exteriors" I mean clothes, People!)

You are all well aware that I love me some Couture. And Christian Lacroix's Autumn 2008/Winter 2009 Couture Collection is just the visual ticket! The rich colors and phenomenal construction! Feels something akin to Catherine The Great meets Bram Stoker's Dracula (and if they'd used costuming like this, it wouldn't have mattered that Winona can't act! Uh huh. Oh yes I did!).

All photos from

I have to admit, however, that I cannot possibly talk about anything Lacroix without thinking about Ab Fab. I mean, really.


  1. Oh, how I miss AbFab!

    And you are spot on about Winona.

  2. as soon as I read the title I was all ab fab in my head! Like Sweetie dahhhling....I make my British hubby quote lines with me all the time still. all time fave. Love the post.

  3. beautiful.
    And I miss AB FAB as well.

    Come back to us, please!

    Chanting as we speak!

  4. My word, it's phenomenal!
    Sweetie, dahling.

  5. Haha! I'm the same. Lacroix is always followed by "sweetie, darling, for mummy? lacroix, bolly!"

  6. OMG Beefy! My heart skipped a beat!! Amazing. So, I'm headed outta Dodge, Beef. Mind the shop while I'm away, will ya? Thank you for your sweet comments and 2 know it means the world to me, don't you? Oh, and give that little Fergus a hug for me. I'm thinking of you:) MWAH!

  7. I love that purple number. I am still working my way through the galleries on So many exquisite shows, so little time.


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.