August 01, 2008

Giddy up!



As best as I can tell these days Texas is going through some attempt at a new marketing plan. It would seem that the state is opting out of the old saying, "Everything's Bigger In Texas" in favor of "Everything's Hugely Fabulous In Texas!" Okay, I can see a few dusty Texas Rangers taking issue with this title. However, I think some would have to agree. What is going on with y'all down there?!! Somebody's been shinin' their saddle!

Enter Grange Hall Urban Flower in Dallas. What in the Sue Ellen Ewing?!! Giddy up!!! I don't think you'll have to look too hard to figure out why this place is all up in my foshizzle. Stylish with a slightly macabre edge, I'd be perusing this place all day and dreaming about it all night. But don't worry, Kids, this place ain't gonna pull a Pam Ewing on ya's...it's real...very, very real.



(All images courtesy of Grange Hall/Urban Flower.)

14 comments:

  1. It's all part of our plan down here. It's a cult. A cowboy cult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well then, Miss Courtney...I'm drinkin' the kool-aid!!! Funny though? I didn't know they made a tequila flavor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the past few months, the lure of Texas has been quite strong. I vote for a field trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary...if I ever hear back about a job (!?!) I seriously think we should revisit this idea. I know of two Texan bloggers (Courtney (above) & Cheryl of Stash Studios)...so we'll need to coordinate! But where to go...Dallas, Houston, Austin...??? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'm a Texan blogger too! BTW, all three aforementioned bloggers are from Houston.(Just thought I would point that out)
    As for Grange Hall, I was just there about 2 months ago. It is very edgy and chic @ the same time. Even better in person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg! Carolina! I'm so sorry! Believe me...you'd be on the list as well!!! For sure! :) I hope you don't feel slighted...just look at my lapsed brainage! My bad...sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to come, too! Any excuse to get some cowboy boots and a big ol' hat. Giddy up, Beefy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes this place is crazy, crazy cool. so when are you (+ miss Mary Eliz) coming to Texas for a visit...because you know i live in Dallas...just mere minutes away from Grange Hall. I'll host dinner!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my... i MUST have that fabulously ridiculous lit up horse head. this place looks like quite a sight! adding it to the list for my next texas tour for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. UB, maybe you and I plan a shopping trip down South and meet up with Courtney from Inside the Loop?? Holy cow- LOVE that store already!! xxM

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Beefy come back (ooh-ooh); any kind of fool could see...
    There was something in everything about you
    Beefy come back (ooh-ooh); you can blame it all on me...
    I was wrong, and I just can't live without you"

    -Hall & Oates, as interpreted by Bee.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So clearly a little bloggers convention is going to have to happen in Texas? Am I right? Hmmm?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard such awesome things about Austin. Why oh why can't I just move there and telecommute? :( A gal can dream.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.