August 13, 2008

Brewed Awakening



Kids...you know me. I can be dippy about a lot of things. But I take my coffee very seriously! After years as a server and a barista, I've come across a looootttt o' coffee in my day. But at my last place of employment never in my life have I heard more "Wow, your coffee is amazing!" or "What kind of coffee do you use?! It's SO delicious!" There were days I was like, "Are we filming a commercial? We've secretly replaced the coffee they normally serve with..." It was crazy...but very well deserved.

Grounds for Change is a local company (well, local to me anyway) that is making up some serious heartwarming brews. Fair trade, organic, carbon offset...they do it all with a conscience. Great, so your eco-conscience is feelin' mighty fine...now how's the joe? AH-mazing! It's Uncle tried & Beefy approved!



Personal favorite choices are the Obsidian Espresso (didn't see it listed on their site but bet you could ask 'em for it ~ mighty nice folks they are!) and Cafe Femenino Peru (This Fair Trade and organic certified coffee is grown, processed and traded exclusively by women.). Or you could always get a sampler pack and find your own favorite! They'll even grind it to specification for french press, paper filter drip, metal filter drip, etc. Grounds for Change is takin' care of business and you...and isn't that a nice way to start the morning?

Back in a bit with more posting :)

4 comments:

  1. I could use some Grounds for a Change right about now. I am so sleepy this morning!

    P.S. LOVE the name of this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh..someone as serious about coffee as I am....http://seaandjae.blogspot.com/2008/08/addict-or-fanatic.html

    I'll be sure to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I'm reading these backwards. I didn't know you were a barista, Beefy!

    Oh, I am just so ASHAMED that I don't know how to make a pot of coffee. Don't hold it against me!

    I pour a mean glass of vino, and can whip up a VERY amazing dirty martini, extra olives. I'm just not good with filters. (Ha! Clearly).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We can we have any MORE in commom, Beefy??

    I was a barista for several years while in college in Ann Arbor - Espresso Royale Cafe...

    I loved it. I fell in love with coffee during those years. If I could earn a decent living doing full time, I would.

    I loved this post. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.