July 28, 2008

Midsummer Madness


Ah, finally...the beginning of the second season of Mad Men on AMC and finding out the what's-up with Don Draper and crew over at Sterling Cooper! The styling on this show is like watching a moving mid-century-modern painting...serious eye candy. Makes me wanna walk around the house in a three-piece suit with a scotch on the rocks in hand. Y'know, before sitting down to the dinner table to eat my tomato gelatin salad while smoking a carton of Chesterfields.

Great acting, great storytelling, this is the kind of show that makes me yearn for the days when "reality" television is but a distant memory.




(All images courtesy of AMC.)

7 comments:

  1. ahh. back when smoking was glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha...I was going to say the SAME thing, Krissy!

    OK, that's it. I've got to start watching this show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got the first season on DVD--I'm going to have a marathon Mad Men session so I can catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i just got into watching this show when a friend recommended it. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i adore this show too ~ besides the excellent writing, the design styling is so fantastic. i want to steal stuff from their props/sets room all the time. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This show is amazing.
    Otis and I just got the first season a Blue ray and we watched 7 episodes this weekend.
    Im so hocked.
    Everything is great, story, styling, sets.....its all great!
    I want the two brass lamps in one of the offices.
    Would look so good in our living room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i so want to start watching this show - I'll have to netflix the first season. That pink dress is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.