June 13, 2008

Look Book



I was going through a stack o' magazines (I find them quite hard to part with...which to me seems odd given that my 32 cats are such fine company...? Uh, kidding! (For now.)) aaaaand, whilst thumbing through a collection of New York Magazine was noticing the Look Book section. I don't always get why they select who they select and sometimes it's less about the actual "look" than about the photographs themselves. But no one photo made me smile like this one...



I know courage is usually attributed to heroes, stunt people, and the like but, Kids...this is courage for certain. The courage of total and complete self-possession. And I think it's stunning! So inspiring! Now, am I going to wear an ensemble like this anytime soon? Not likely....orange is really more my color ;)



6 comments:

  1. I love people like this, who just don't give a crap what others think. I went to a photo exhibit last night and there was this FABULOUS girl in a teal blue dress, orange heels, and crazy teal and orange eyeshadow. She was walking around like she owned the joint, and taking pictures of herself with her iPhone. LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you see Joanna's articles about people who dress in only one color. You've got to check it out if you haven't! http://joannagoddard.blogspot.com/2008/02/monochromatic-new-yorkers.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do, Ladies!

    Bee...I know! I love it when people kinda don't give a crap. Which then begs the question...why do I care then? Y'know? But this woman is just the face of admiration!

    Tula...oh my! OH MY! ;)

    Apt. #34...yes!!! The woman in green reminds me of this woman in her pinks! That was a GREAT piece!

    Thanks for the love, Ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear, for a second I was like, "Oh my god, is that Laurie Anderson and HOW OLD AM I ANYWAY?!?!"

    I can't remember where I read it, but I know I read about some dude who only wears black now because they gave up closet space for (oh, the horror) panoramic views in a new NYC apartment. I do love the idea of editing like that. But it took my mom 20 years to convince me to wear something OTHER than black; I can't disappoint her now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.