June 05, 2008


Well, I just received my new June Anthropologie catalog. You're like, "What?!" Hey, I get it for the pictures...really! Let's face it, Anthropologie rarely disappoints from their styles to the merchandising. Appropriately (more or less), this catalog is entitled "in dreams", and it would be a dream come true to work in the creative department. But were I to be given such a position I'd have "pulled in the reigns" on one aspect of this photo styling (see below).

Yes, Anthropologie...you have us like puppets on a string...

...but really, please, next time, let's leave the donkey alone! Nothing about putting the concepts of "suffocation" or "taxidermy" together seems at all appealing and even the model looks like she's questioned the choice of her co-star. Just a thought.

(All images derived from Anthropologie.)


  1. WTF? That is so weird. It sounds naughty, though. "I told you to leave your donkey alone!" "Wrapping the donkey." Etc...

  2. That is horrendous! What were they thinking?! Sheesh.

  3. Nice one, Mary!

    Lil' Bee...I don't know? I have absolutely NO idea?

    James...preach it!

  4. could be a reference to Shakespear'es midsummer night's dream - there was a character who wore an ass's head, no?

  5. Well, "anonymous"...while I appreciate where you're going, I think just a fake "ass's head" would have sufficed as opposed to an entire stuffed and wrapped donkey specimen.
    That's all I'm sayin'.

    Thanks for your comment :)

  6. I noticed the donkey too! Maybe that's the "nightmare" or nightdonkey, part of the catalog. Not all dreams are good. :)


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.