May 01, 2008

Beachy Kean




The fever broke...finally! I can't breathe, but at least my body temperature is stable. Perhaps that's the only thing stable...? But I digress. I am heading down momentarily to visit with my parents and my cousin and her two kids who flew in from Switzerland. They're the closest thing I have to a niece and nephew and I am looking so forward to seeing them. Though their experience might be a bit marred with the copious cold sores. How do you say "pretty uncle" in German?

Anyway, it got me to thinking about getting away and vacations since I haven't been out of the house for 5 days. And, I came across these novel finds from Petrie Point Designs. Founder Susan Petrie-Badertscher, came up with the ingenious idea of framing vintage bathing suits from the 1920's through the 1960's. I love the nostalgia and play of these pieces which make for a sweet but stylish accent. The collection includes both women's and men's bathing suits but also well-loved children's pieces from kiddie bathing suits to stuffed animals. Such a great way to appreciate a bit of yesteryear...but you get the "Point".




Have a great weekend, Everyone!
And, thanks for all your "well" wishes :)

5 comments:

  1. these are super sweet...+ i'm v. glad you're recovering ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dying for the blue and white suit...but I want one to WEAR!

    Glad to hear you're feeling better, UB. I'm embarrassed to say that I meant to get your care package out to you while you were feeling ill, but...still haven't shipped it yet. Sorry, sorry! We've been a little crazy here, prepping for NSS, natch. I'll try to get my act together this week!

    Have fun with the fam! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- great find! I loooove vintage swimsuits!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness you are back and conscious!!! gorgeous finds...j

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just stopped by for the first time and spent an extremely long time reading your old posts...when of course I was supposed to be working on something else...but you're just so darn entertaining I couldn't stop! Help! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.