April 30, 2008

When life hands you lemons...

You know, Kids. I am not entirely sure you understand the devastating situation I find myself in at the moment. Just so we're all absolutely clear, I haven't even mustered the strength or courage to crack open my new Domino or listen to the new Madonna album. YES! That's how ill I've been. Isn't it just tragic? (Insert fainting couch here.)

But since my back is really sick of being horizontal I thought I'd just "keep calm" and make lemons into lemonade...or some other type of citrus-y beverage.

What does this have to do with sickness? Well, after some philosophical considerations...the spoons represent the never-ending need for them what with the copious amounts of medicine, tea, and chicken soup. And the apron itself? Well, I thought it would be nice for the person to wear who will bring said medicine, tea, & soup, while gently stroking my forehead and saying "poor little bunny." (Plus it's from Heather at Skinny LaMinx so it's good all the way 'round.)

One of many great paperie selections from Earmark at Etsy.

"Oh so stylish you are Ms. Nightingale!" Hipster "get well" from ArtMind.

Ponytail holder set from Button Boutique. Granted, not something I need myself but could come in handy with that friend that needs to have her hair held back every now and then. Know what I'm sayin'?

A nice way to dress up a less than pleasant necessity (at least in my current situation) with a tissue holder from pinkangel.


  1. oh, poor little bunny!

    there, there, have some soup

    (I always love a nice "there, there" when I'm feelin' poorly)

  2. Dr. Roland A. GurlochMay 5, 2008 at 10:08:00 PM PDT

    Does that double as a maxi-pad holder? My granddaughter has been needing one of those...

  3. No way, so you mustered up the oomph to blog about my apron (etc) before even reading your Domino??? Man o man, I'm honoured. Hope you're feeling better now.

  4. Thanks "m" :)

    Dr. Gurloch ... you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself!

    Yes, Heather...indeed I did, indeed I did!


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.