April 02, 2008



So the theme of today would largely seem to rotate around timeliness...and my apparent lack of it! I think it was likely around a month and a half or so since I was tagged by both Jess at Treasuring and Shannon at Make It. But I did promise that I'd step up and here I am to do just that. They say "better late than never"...and I am SO using that ticket right now! With my apologies to Jess and Shannon, 14 "endlessly fascinating" things about moi....


Jess...this is for you.
  1. I grew up in a town where the high school mascot was a potato - the "Spudders". No joke. There is a reason I no longer live there...suffice it to say.
  2. In college, I held majors in Theology, Philosophy, Women's Studies, Graphic Design, and Printmaking. I finished my degree in Printmaking. Finally.
  3. One of my favorite childhood pets was a goat named Damien.
  4. I have an inordinate obsession with the state of Maine. I've never been there though...?
  5. I was almost to be named "William James" but my father decided he didn't want a son called B.J. I'd say my father made a wise (if not prophetic) choice. Thanks, Dad.
  6. I have a headset that attaches to my phone. Sometimes I remove said headset from the phone to conduct impromptu performances in my living room. The cats usually request an encore.
  7. I used to wear suits and ties everyday in college (until becoming an art major). Not because I had to but because I wanted to.

Shannon...your wait is now over.
  1. I've always said, "You can never be over-dressed. You can only look better than most of those around you."
  2. I'd love to have a "black tie" party with "white trash" food.
  3. I'd love to have mid-century furnishings inside of an old farmhouse. With maybe a splash of Baroque. What can I say? I like contrast.
  4. I've had 27 pets in my lifetime. And I still dream about owning a Jersey Cow.
  5. I've traveled to 17 countries. And the next places I would like to go are: Argentina, Vietnam, India, & Norway.
  6. I think best when I am walking or showering. I feel best when I'm creating or I've just finished vacuuming.
  7. My favorite quote is: If Joan of Arc could turn the tide of an entire war before her 18th birthday, you can get out of bed. ~E. Jean Carroll

9 comments:

  1. I think best when I am walking and showering too!!! hmmm.... I wonder if there are others out there like us? :) eheheheh lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MAN, i wish you were my next door neighbor. you are so much fun! (ps- sorry again for the tagging-- i know it's kind-of annoying. but this was so awesome that i don't feel TOO bad.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome, uncle B. I really wish you hadn't given up the suit and tie thing in art school! Ha! I cringe when I think about what I used to wear. Overalls anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to be invited to your black-tie party with white-trash food. What a hilarious idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, very interesting Uncle! In your last tag you said you didn't like acronyms, hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments, Kids :)

    I stand corrected, d.sharp and have taken actions to rectify the situation ;) Thanks for keepin' it rawl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to have a pet goat too! Only his name was Billy...not quite as creative, I'm afraid. :) And I LOVE that you wore a suit every day in college - very dapper!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beefy, you're such a hoot! Thanks for getting down to the duties of one who has been tagged (I've been shirking mine), and thanks for your nice words on my blog lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.