April 02, 2008

Crawly Wallies



I know this isn't necessarily for everyone. For some it can be a bit creepy, for others strangely fascinating. It may be a combination of both of these things for me or the imagining of a darkened library filled with curiosity cabinets for prying eyes to inspect. Whatever the motivation I love these beautifully biological collections offered through InsectFrames.com.

Though, honestly, I imagine I'd likely skip past beetles and such and opt for the butterflies. I can handle creepy crawlies, it's the possiblity of the creepy "wall-ies" that I'd have issue with. ;)


2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! (But I'm sure you could have guessed that!) I'm not sure what it is but I've been fascinated by these since seeing them in a friends house as a kid...and I never got over it i guess ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always loved old specimen boxes - thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.