March 28, 2008

Earth Hour 2008

Thanks to Jess at Treasuring for reminding me...

Tomorrow is Earth Hour 2008, a global movement to reduce our energy consumption and provide solidarity in our efforts to effect the state of environmental climate change on the planet. (And currently, it's snowing in Seattle! In late March! If that isn't a sign I don't know what is!)

Tomorrow, Saturday, March 29th, for one hour from 8:00pm to 9:00pm turn off your lights and other electronic devices to show your support with the rest of the world.

Or simply do what you can... if you're out at a bar, restaurant, or shop ask to have some of the lights turned off. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. It doesn't take much to make a difference.

For further inspiration.....

Spread the word!


  1. Brilliant , thanks for this type of post, I wish there were MORE bloggers out there helping spread this type of message. Glad you do. : ) will be placing a post on my blog later this afternoon....

    Jen Ramos
    '100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards'

  2. Woo! Glad I could help. :) I think this is such a great idea, and what an impact! Hopefully it'll make people think about what they can do outside of earth hour, too.... have fun tonight in the dark, candlelit romance of having no lights!


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.