February 26, 2008

It does a body (& a planet) good.



I'm all for helping the environment but a little reward is in order for my efforts (I can rationalize). I am proud to introduce a local (Seattle) company that is doing its part to help the environment and my sweet tooth. And, Kids, your Uncle needs his chocolate! Well, I (and you) don't have to sacrifice good conscience for good taste thanks to Theo Chocolate.

"Theo produces premium, organic, fair trade and specialty chocolate.
Our founder, Joseph Whinney, pioneered the manufacture and supply
of organic chocolate products as the first importer of organic cocoa
beans into North America in 1994.

Over a decade later, Theo is proud to be the only roaster of organic
cocoa beans and the first
roaster of Fair Trade certified cocoa
beans in the United States
. All of our ingredients are carefully
selected to ensure they meet our standards for social and
environmental responsibility.
"

In the individual 3400 Phinney bars, Theo has some amazing flavor combinations like Fig, Fennel & Almond Dark Chocolate (new), Chai, Coconut Curry, and Bread & Chocolate (the last two being my favorites), among others.



In their confection collections, you can choose from 6 or 12-piece assortments with flavors such as burnt sugar, scotch, and Earl Grey (don't even get me started on those!).



C'mon good for the planet, good for the body (let's not overlook the antioxidants, people)...what's not to love? Go to the website, peruse their selections...then order yourself a little somethin' somethin' online, or find a location near you (looks like it's just in the States for now) that carries Theo Chocolate. Because, you know, if we're going to save the planet we're going to need our strength...right?

1 comment:

  1. Good for me and planet earth? Yes, please. As long as I don't overload. :)

    Their wrapping is great, as are the little decorations on the chocolates, themselves.

    Thanks for all your research this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.