January 17, 2008

Such Moments

"This...this was what made life: a moment of quiet, the water falling in the fountain, the girl's voice...a moment of captured beauty. He who is truly wise will never permit such moments to escape." - Roger Bannister

Years and years ago I was an exchange student in Japan. It is one of the most extraordinary places I've ever been and I miss it a great deal. An exceptionally talented photographer (I mean...exceptional!), Keiko of Nordljus posted these incredible images of this magical place.

It seems that I am being directed to all things Japanese this afternoon...and I have no intention of permitting these moments to escape.


  1. I swear your eyes are slanted! I can say this since I'm a double dose of Asian, Chinese/Korean! You have to promise me you will email me before you come to Manhattan I want to meet you! We have to go have my fav Korean food! You are every so cool.

    Hey where is the update on you photos of your studio. Do you need some low cost Asian help? hahahaha ok I'm not cheap but I would love to see your progress.

  2. I have a friend currently on an artist's residency in Japan, and I turn green whenever I even think of him. That's an envy shade of green. Love these photos and long to understand that the meaning of life is so marvellously simply...

  3. Very well put, Heather. It is certainly something to aspire toward.

    Thanks! :)


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.