January 24, 2008

I have V.D. ....on the brain!


Image from Rose & Radish...a glorious site! Product information below.

Oh for heaven's sake! Valentine's Day! (See what I mean? Acronyms are ripe for confusion!) Okay, but we're here to talk about love, l'amour.

I have always loved Valentine's Day...yes, even when single! I have been known to buy myself flowers and chocolates because you can be your own Valentine! Or as a thought give flowers to someone on the street that you don't even know! Just because! (I'm telling you...it'll make you feel like a million bucks!) Valentine's Day can certainly be about more than just romantic love don't you think? However it might be, I hope at the very least it goes better for you than this......



Yes, I know I've posted this before...but in case you missed it. What? You couldn't use the pre-Valentine's chuckle? Moving on then......

Since the time is getting quite close I thought I'd offer up some Valentine's goodies to send to those who make you swoon! Even if it's yourself. ;)


Set of gift tags from Nostalgique at Etsy



Letterpress Valentine set from Cricket Press

Okay...could you totally die! Ah-mazing!

Caribbean Chocolate French Macarons from Paulette

And the card to go with the macarons.....

by MadebyGirl

They'll know you think they're the bee's knees with this.....

Wildflower Honey Flight from Bee Raw


"Hello Valentine" articulated paper doll set from Wool & Water at Etsy


Felted Nesting Bowls from projectfelt at Etsy

The perfect card choice to accompany a bouquet....

From the fabulous Orange Beautiful.

The "new" classic Valentine's Day flowers...

"Wanted" Roses from OrganicBouquet

What could be some of the cutest cards....ever!
(Click on the photo to enlarge.)

"Recipe" Cards from Patisserie Cards

And what could be a better fit with the "Recipe" Cards than...
whipping up a batch of Cherry-Vanilla Cupcakes with
the recipe from Cupcake Bakeshop by chockylit


How sweet it is!


(All photos are from the individual sites listed.)


9 comments:

  1. Oh, good finds. I especially love the paperdoll. But what I REALLY want to know is, where can I buy the heart-shaped mallows? If you know, let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Ali...as it turns out...are you ready for this? You can get the marshmallows at Rite Aid! Jill at Rose & Radish was kind enough to let me know. Can you believe it?! I thought it would be from some fancy schmancy candy shoppe...just goes to show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute post! love the cherry vanilla cupcakes!

    Jen Ramos
    '100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards'
    www.madebygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen...if you've never been to her blog, it's incredible. The woman has made a cupcake out of almost everything! A cupcake prodigy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya know what, you are so right...you CAN be your own valentine :) i never thought of that! i just broke up with my boyfriend of two-ish years so i am a little sad about V-day's approach...but i really enjoyed this post...it made me think a little differently :) this is my first time to your blog...i really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey s.,

    On one hand, there is nothing like a break-up to salt the wound on V-Day...on the other, it is an opportunity to have your heart open to new opportunities and adventures. Not always a great consolation, but let me say it feels pretty good to show yourself a little love too...and chocolate, cocktails, and a really flattering mirror work wonders for me! ;)

    Seriously, I'm glad the post helped a bit. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've received an award over on my site. I was inspired by your post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. {{Blush}} I apologize for the slip up on my blog. I've fixed it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

Even if I don't always get the chance to respond back, know that you're sending smiles across the miles. Warm wishes right back atcha! Thanks again!

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" isn't a platform for random acts of nastiness. Keep it classy.