January 14, 2008

The Bird & The Bee in A Fine Frenzy

I hate those moments when your music collection leaves you feeling flat and uninspired. On the other hand, it leaves you open and ready to experience new things you might have missed.

While visiting Black Eiffel the other day, Rachel posted this video from The Bird & The Bee. I had never heard of them...have you? As Rachel had pointed out, it got stuck in my head and I found myself either singing it in my head (people around) or belting in out like a 9 year old (no people around - though perhaps a few dogs wishing it would stop). I watched the video a few times...why?...'cause it's da-bomb-dot-com (that's what the kids are sayin' these days, don'tcha know)! Next stop? iTunes. Bought their couple of recordings and voila...a newfound 1960'ish-electronic-pop sensation gliding through my iPod. Mmm, mmm, mmm....deleriously delicious!!! Thanks, Rachel!



Then, wouldn't luck have it, that iTunes purported some suggestions. Yeah okay...whatever. I surfed and clicked and yawned and drank some coffee and hummed and thought about the day and...wait just a moment...what's this? Upon closer inspection I gave a few sample listens to A Fine Frenzy. I had seen this video on VH1 but kind of just passed it over. Poor me. This album (One Cell In The Sea) is really great and I know that Citibank is very happy I found her. Perhaps you will be too?

(UPDATE: Oh yeah! This is phe....NOMENAL! Definitely a new favorite. Sigh.)

2 comments:

  1. Hello, it's nice to meet you. Thanks for the comment on my blog - I've had a great time reading yours, which has made me chuckle.
    Cheers,
    Heather (of Skinny laMinx)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A zillion thanks for the music suggestions. The Bird and the Bee were on my radar but not their new album and I am loving A Fine Frenzy.

    If you haven't already, check out the video for We Crawl by Polyphonic Spree. I just ran across it yesterday and love the gritty real video and heartfelt lyrics. Find a link on my Many Voices post.

    Cheers,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.