October 19, 2007

A Persson of Interest

Today I thought I'd show you the work of one very talented Stina Persson. Stina has lived, studied and worked in Tokyo, New York, Florence and Lund, Sweden, where she was born, and now lives and works in Stockholm. (Um, hello fabulous lifestyle.) She describes her illustration style as "finding the right balance between the edgy and the elegant the raw and the beautiful." Well, I believe she's found balance that would make a gymnast green with envy. She also incorporates cut paper and photographs to great effect. What I love (aside from her line work, composition, and color) is her intermingling of art and fashion - if she could throw in a little chocolate and champagne I'd totally have it made!

She shows at Gallery Hanahou in New York or you can purchase prints of her work through the online gallery Cosh in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.