October 16, 2007

Murphy's Law

Gather 'round people 'cause you're about to witness a little bit of Uncle Beefy's softer side. (No...not the side of me as a child wearing costumes and dictating to the neighborhood children what and how we were going to play...but close. A tad softer than even that.)

As one might imagine, I have an enormous amount of respect for those of an entrepreneurial and/or artistic nature. I came across Jennifer Murphy of jmurphybears.com a number of years ago and am happy to see that not only is she still going but going mighty strong (e.g., hangin' with Martha yesterday). She makes the most AMAZING vintage-inspired pieces. Did I tell you they're AMAZING? Oh, yes, looks like I did...bears repeating. (Good lord, I made a pun there...sorry.) Anywho, today is the day that she posts a new batch of truly handmade (uh-huh, that's right) treasures. She does this a few seasonal times a year and lemme tell ya' things get snatched up quickly as she has a pretty large following these days. Now the price point isn't for everyone but its SO nice to see an artist not undersell herself (!). But if you can't splurge you can always admire and get inspired. One look through her great site and you'll see...you'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.