October 11, 2007

All Hail the Queen!

I am likely far too ecstatic to be articulate, but I am thrilled that today is the release for the much anticipated Elizabeth: The Golden Age starring the incomparable Cate Blanchett! Initial reviews would deem that the film has runaway with its excesses and veers dangerously close to camp. However, this will not dissuade me! I'm a sucker for lush visuals (e.g., Sofia Coppola's "Marie Antoinette") and will certainly allow certain storyline or directorial injustices for their sake. Besides, Blanchett is not only captivating but a tremendously talented actress and I have every faith that she will prevail! Perhaps it will even be enough to regain the Oscar she unjustly lost to Gwyneth Paltrow for "Shakespeare In Love" (...in my humble opinion. Sorry, Gwyneth.).

Unfortuantely, I will have to wait until next week to see the film (off to Portland for the weekend). But, as you'd imagine, I'll be sure to let you know what I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. I always appreciate your thoughts. Your comment will appear as soon as I can publish it.

p.s. - Contrary opinions or constructive criticism are also fine but "The Bedlam" doesnt' serve as a platform for random (or anonymous) acts of offensiveness. Rude? Deleted.